Pantone; the global authority on color, has release the 2015 Color of the year: Marsala – a naturally robust and earthy wine red, Marsala enriches our minds, bodies and souls.
For the past 15 years, Pantone has influenced the color decision-makers in many industries. Here is a list of the previous Color of the Year.
- PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid (2014)
- PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald (2013)
- PANTONE 17-1463 Tangerine Tango (2012)
- PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle (2011)
- PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- PANTONE 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- PANTONE 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- PANTONE 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- PANTONE 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- PANTONE 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- PANTONE 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- PANTONE 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- PANTONE 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- PANTONE 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)
To find out more about Pantone please visit their website at Pantone.com.
Studio Formafantasma, known for their remarkable combinations of materials, will have a solo show entitled “Prima Materia” at the Stedelijk Museum’s-Hertogenbosch on the 16th of February in the Netherlands. In addition they will also produce their first publication sponsored by the museum and Lecturis, a well known printer and publishing house in Eindhoven. The publication will contain original contributions by such well known personalities as Alice Rawsthorn, Li Edelkoort, Joana de Almeida Meroz, Louise Schouwenberg, Marco Petroni, Libby Sellers and Frederic Baas with graphic design by Bettina Madita Bohm.
The book is available starting February 15th through Lecturis or you can pre-order at: www.lecturisbooks.nl/en/webshop/formafantasma/49836.
The exhibition, which opens from February 15th and runs through June 15th is curated by Frederic Baas and the guest speaker at the opening will be Li Edelkoort.
You can view additional pictures of their design work at the thisispaper magazine website.
So here is yet another very inspiring video using an all black motif which has become the tool of the day. However, in these few seconds of bliss you will find yourself craving each subject, lipstick to belted radials, the use of the shiny black slickness captivates and makes you want to experience more.